Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How would you like to be remembered?

It's been a while since I posted here regularly...mainly to show a crafty project, or for a DT plug. Now that I am no longer practicing in my scrap booking crafty duties I often find myself torn between closing this blog down or keeping it up. 

I mean, this started out as a place to share everything, my likes, my art, silly moments, etc. Then when the scrapping came to a halt, so did my blogging. This saddens me. Because no matter what I put here, I always wanted to inspire someone to do something! 

Think! Create! Smile! 

I've been blogging little fluffy posts to kind of try and stir that back into my heart....but those posts were just that: fluff. yeah, I am obsessed with pops of color, and short hair...but really? who doesn't have their little quirky likes/dislikes? 

I get a little text every morning with a little Biblical tidbit to help me think on something. It helps me stay on track because let's face it. It's not easy being a mom, a wife, and work a 9-5 on top of it all. It is easy to let things fall through the cracks if it doesn't command your attention every once in a while. 

the text this AM said:

"there has never been another prophet in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face."
 DT. 34:10

Now I'm well aware that I am not a prophet, a big shot hoity toity in the business world...I am just me. Arlene. A mom. A wife. Do I really want to be remembered as someone who's just into fluff or as a woman who yes, is simple in her daily life and who let's face it, can put together some things and make it look ok. 

No. 

I want to be remembered as a lady who's heart reflects something deeper. 

How would you like to be remembered? 

2 comments:

chksngr said...

So interesting that you should post this...I've been working on a marriage study and one of the questions: What would you like your husband to say about you at your funeral?

Arlene Camacho said...

wow, isn't that so funny?

How have you been, BTW?